Saturday, November 19, 2005

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

I hit two movies tonight, and old -school double feature.

1st - HP4 - not bad, not bad at all. You can tell they crammed a 750pg book into 2.5 hrs, I've never read this one, but you can tell as the plot kinda skips along. Special effects are great as always, Ralph Fiennes as Valdemort? eh? ok. That plus I get the feeling that both Harry & Ron [Daniel ? & Rupert Grint right?] will end up in rehab together someday after being in all of these. But Emma Watson, shes a star, she looks like the true successful actor/actress in the bunch.

2nd - "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash". Walk the Line is excellent. The two of them can and will get Oscar kudos. Johnny Cash is one messed up dude early in his career, I knew that having read his first autobiography like ten years ago, but to see it on screen vs having read it, wow! Phoenix nails him cold. Go buy a copy of Folsom Prison CD now.

Oh, oh, oh, and previews - mostly eck, except, at HP4, they preview SUPERMAN! Get out the blue shirt and tights! Dig out the Superman Underoos! [Thats right I had em and was proud of em at like 9 yrs old!] One other preview that stood out, George Clooney & Spielberg have Co-Exec Produced a movie coming out about the Munich Olympic Games tragedy in 1972. Much like I trust Good Night & Good Luck will be, this looks just as riveting a "period piece".

Summer 2006 now has Superman & Xmen3, nice!

More when I see em
~Finn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home