Road Trip Rewind...
Ah, home at last from the grand Tour of the South. I have a bunch of random thoughts, comments, etc.... so here we go...
#1 - North Carolina has a boatload of Bojangles restaurants judging from the advertising they have. Seemed like a billboard every other mile. Then, we go to the Bobcats NBA game in Charlotte, and who is a prime sponsor? Yup, more Bojangles! Its official, Gabe [from Drexel and biggest Bojangles fan I know] has to move to NC.
#2 - I've never noticed most people's opinion of me or my actions until this weekend. I went out drinking with brothers both Thur & Fri nights in downtown Atlanta, both nights at the Hard Rock Cafe, both nights I decided Jack Daniels & Ginger Ale [aka The Happy Couple! Jack & Ginger!] over plain old beer. Now, I know why I did this, I drink beer with brothers esp. when I have to be Mr. Responsible and know I have to drive someplace. But, here I was in Atlanta, my hotel room was across the street, so I decided to drink mixed drinks instead...no big deal, right?
Wrong. Seems like everyone came up to me, esp. Sat morning like "surprised your up", "heard you had a rough night", and so on. I mean what was so unusual about me drinking, partying, laughing, dancing, and carrying on with my brothers in public?! I don't get, and I probably never will.
#3 - What WAS funny is that Jay & I got to watch football games with each other for the first time in years. Seems unusual? Maybe, but this trip offered two sets of cirmcumstances for me to a) watch Jay watch a Steelers game, and b) Jay watch me watch an Eagles game [vs Redskins, I WILL NOT talk about last night's F#$%in Cowboys debacle!].
Anyways, it was a fun experience to watch the two of us invest so much angst [trust me its the word of the day] into our respective teams.
#4 - It was so much fun at our table on Fri night in Hard Rock trying to help Kadira connect to her "inner whore" for her upcoming role in Cabaret!?! And Baxter just had to take it one step further to "inner slut"... a priceless conversation if there ever was one, and if you missed it? THAT'S why you can't miss a Convention!
#5 - how is it that gas in Blacksburg, VA MILES away from any refinery or coastline with a refinery is $1.99/gal and yet Atlanta and NC both be about $2.40/gal and they both are a lot closer to refineries/pipelines last time I looked?!
#6 - ok, I am so officially old. The hardest thing to do this week was stay awake in the car when I am not driving. I'm trying my best to be a suitable co-pilot as Jay did most of the driving, and despite getting plenty of sleep most nights, I'd still be nodding off within an hour of leaving wherever we left, simply I think, because I wasn't behind the wheel.
Anyways, I'm sure there will be more later. Take care gang
~Finn
#1 - North Carolina has a boatload of Bojangles restaurants judging from the advertising they have. Seemed like a billboard every other mile. Then, we go to the Bobcats NBA game in Charlotte, and who is a prime sponsor? Yup, more Bojangles! Its official, Gabe [from Drexel and biggest Bojangles fan I know] has to move to NC.
#2 - I've never noticed most people's opinion of me or my actions until this weekend. I went out drinking with brothers both Thur & Fri nights in downtown Atlanta, both nights at the Hard Rock Cafe, both nights I decided Jack Daniels & Ginger Ale [aka The Happy Couple! Jack & Ginger!] over plain old beer. Now, I know why I did this, I drink beer with brothers esp. when I have to be Mr. Responsible and know I have to drive someplace. But, here I was in Atlanta, my hotel room was across the street, so I decided to drink mixed drinks instead...no big deal, right?
Wrong. Seems like everyone came up to me, esp. Sat morning like "surprised your up", "heard you had a rough night", and so on. I mean what was so unusual about me drinking, partying, laughing, dancing, and carrying on with my brothers in public?! I don't get, and I probably never will.
#3 - What WAS funny is that Jay & I got to watch football games with each other for the first time in years. Seems unusual? Maybe, but this trip offered two sets of cirmcumstances for me to a) watch Jay watch a Steelers game, and b) Jay watch me watch an Eagles game [vs Redskins, I WILL NOT talk about last night's F#$%in Cowboys debacle!].
Anyways, it was a fun experience to watch the two of us invest so much angst [trust me its the word of the day] into our respective teams.
#4 - It was so much fun at our table on Fri night in Hard Rock trying to help Kadira connect to her "inner whore" for her upcoming role in Cabaret!?! And Baxter just had to take it one step further to "inner slut"... a priceless conversation if there ever was one, and if you missed it? THAT'S why you can't miss a Convention!
#5 - how is it that gas in Blacksburg, VA MILES away from any refinery or coastline with a refinery is $1.99/gal and yet Atlanta and NC both be about $2.40/gal and they both are a lot closer to refineries/pipelines last time I looked?!
#6 - ok, I am so officially old. The hardest thing to do this week was stay awake in the car when I am not driving. I'm trying my best to be a suitable co-pilot as Jay did most of the driving, and despite getting plenty of sleep most nights, I'd still be nodding off within an hour of leaving wherever we left, simply I think, because I wasn't behind the wheel.
Anyways, I'm sure there will be more later. Take care gang
~Finn


2 Comments:
At 12:54 PM,
Dan said…
Daaaaaaaaaaad, Baxter keeps touching me!
Good seeing you Finn!!
At 2:42 PM,
Anonymous said…
Baxter did cause all the trouble on Saturday night. I blame her completely. And did Jay tell you about LICKING Baxter's thong? I hear it was bursting with fruit flavor!
Thanks for a great weekend, Dad.
Post a Comment
<< Home