Banker Holidays
Ah, the fun of the weekend...
Got let out of work early on Friday - felt like a sixth grader who got let out of school suddenly cause the heat stopped working or other such BS!
Got home - took a nap before I had to go with Dad over to Pinochle League at the church - where Dad & I got shellacked at cards, BUT I won $125 on the 50/50 drawing[this became a theme to the weekend, woe if I only KNEW it then, one down feeling, one up feeling]
The nap proved key cause I got the call to join Ryan's bachelor party in progress at like 10:30PM - which I did [yes, I've probably reserved a special spot in hell for myself, cause I took the $125 I won at my church's pinochle league to the strip bar for the bachelor party not ONE hour later!]
2:30AM - get home from bachelor party
11AM Sat - had some painting to do so I settled down to do that - BUT first I paid over the internet to hear audio of the OU-Texas game, cause damnit, I'm an OU fan stuck here in Philly and they give us like Michigan v Minnesota on TV. Granted the "little brown jug" is a cool trophy and all, and I like Michigan, and have been there for football, BUT the Red River Shootout's got that beat hands down, so I pony up the money download the audio feed, crank my PCs speakers, and start painting...
Sigh, never paint when your angry. OU gets smoked. I'm down again.
Fastforward to dinner - my brother Joe informs me that his often nitwit friend Devany was in Vegas and put $500 on OSU. This IN SPITE of the fact that Devany went to PSU!! The nerve! The Audacity! The Fool and his money soon parted! PSU 17 > OSU 10. I'm now feeling up again, thats right someone I know lost $500 on a legally placed sports bet and I took glee from it! Heheh, my special spot in hell just got smaller I bet.
Fastforward to Sunday - Big Day -Eagles vs Dallas. Cant make any other plans, gotta watch the game -ugh, OMG, the Eagles look like the F-in Bad News Bears....Dallas 33, Eagles 10 and it was worse than the score looks folks [back in the down mode]
Sigh, so now its nearly 3AM, I'm up way late chatting to folks and writing this on a work night no less, but AHA - its Columbus Day tomorrow! Bankers Holiday! No work for me! WAHOO!
So I'm now back in an UP mood, that and the fact that my Football & Hockey Fantasy teams are kicking ass!
Its good to be the king
Now if only I can win the $240 Million Powerball...
~Finn
Got let out of work early on Friday - felt like a sixth grader who got let out of school suddenly cause the heat stopped working or other such BS!
Got home - took a nap before I had to go with Dad over to Pinochle League at the church - where Dad & I got shellacked at cards, BUT I won $125 on the 50/50 drawing[this became a theme to the weekend, woe if I only KNEW it then, one down feeling, one up feeling]
The nap proved key cause I got the call to join Ryan's bachelor party in progress at like 10:30PM - which I did [yes, I've probably reserved a special spot in hell for myself, cause I took the $125 I won at my church's pinochle league to the strip bar for the bachelor party not ONE hour later!]
2:30AM - get home from bachelor party
11AM Sat - had some painting to do so I settled down to do that - BUT first I paid over the internet to hear audio of the OU-Texas game, cause damnit, I'm an OU fan stuck here in Philly and they give us like Michigan v Minnesota on TV. Granted the "little brown jug" is a cool trophy and all, and I like Michigan, and have been there for football, BUT the Red River Shootout's got that beat hands down, so I pony up the money download the audio feed, crank my PCs speakers, and start painting...
Sigh, never paint when your angry. OU gets smoked. I'm down again.
Fastforward to dinner - my brother Joe informs me that his often nitwit friend Devany was in Vegas and put $500 on OSU. This IN SPITE of the fact that Devany went to PSU!! The nerve! The Audacity! The Fool and his money soon parted! PSU 17 > OSU 10. I'm now feeling up again, thats right someone I know lost $500 on a legally placed sports bet and I took glee from it! Heheh, my special spot in hell just got smaller I bet.
Fastforward to Sunday - Big Day -Eagles vs Dallas. Cant make any other plans, gotta watch the game -ugh, OMG, the Eagles look like the F-in Bad News Bears....Dallas 33, Eagles 10 and it was worse than the score looks folks [back in the down mode]
Sigh, so now its nearly 3AM, I'm up way late chatting to folks and writing this on a work night no less, but AHA - its Columbus Day tomorrow! Bankers Holiday! No work for me! WAHOO!
So I'm now back in an UP mood, that and the fact that my Football & Hockey Fantasy teams are kicking ass!
Its good to be the king
Now if only I can win the $240 Million Powerball...
~Finn


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home