Work Hell
Why is that with just a flip of a calendar page people think that's justification for making work a living hell?
Take my work...please.
We've been under pressure for months now that we gotta move up the month end close. Can't be done on Business Day 3 [Third weekday of the following month, get it. Its 10/5 for September 2005 numbers] anymore, no no, gotta have early estimates in on the 28th, so to get those, we close down three or four major computer systems on like the 25th to give us a day or two to number crunch to get the early estimates.
But those systems aren't aligned with all of our other key systems...like cash, so we have no choice but to be good little accountants and keep accounting for cash activity all the way until the 30th or 31st, otherwise, the evil auditors of doom will arrive and smite thee where i stand. Which is F-in ridiculous, from where i stand now, I'm knee deep in shit on BD2 [Business Day 2 sorry, vernacular]!
The auditors can't possibly smite thee into a worse pile of shit bigger or smellier than the one I'm forced to endure as it is!?!
Oh, and by the way, while your at it [closing the month and all] we need new and improved estimates on the 31st, 1st, and 2nd to back up our previous estimates on the 28th, 29th, or 30th, that the WHOLE F-IN company knows were garbage to begin with. ARGH
I'm beginning to understand the whole concept of going postal. I'm not there yet [relax], but i know my Blood pressure meds will be upped, to start.
PS - If by some chance I die at work, and you check your calendar and its a BD2 or BD3, yeah make sure someone sues the pants off my employer ok, because they will have put me in the grave.
PPS - Which leads me to my last thought... Why am i feeling the pressure?! I'm not the one who will get fired. I'm a peon. A cog in the stupid production of TDY-9 forms. [God, I hope you all get that reference]. But, yet, silly little nice guy me, I'm the one foolish enough to feel the pressure. And that's really pissing me off right now.
Take my work...please.
We've been under pressure for months now that we gotta move up the month end close. Can't be done on Business Day 3 [Third weekday of the following month, get it. Its 10/5 for September 2005 numbers] anymore, no no, gotta have early estimates in on the 28th, so to get those, we close down three or four major computer systems on like the 25th to give us a day or two to number crunch to get the early estimates.
But those systems aren't aligned with all of our other key systems...like cash, so we have no choice but to be good little accountants and keep accounting for cash activity all the way until the 30th or 31st, otherwise, the evil auditors of doom will arrive and smite thee where i stand. Which is F-in ridiculous, from where i stand now, I'm knee deep in shit on BD2 [Business Day 2 sorry, vernacular]!
The auditors can't possibly smite thee into a worse pile of shit bigger or smellier than the one I'm forced to endure as it is!?!
Oh, and by the way, while your at it [closing the month and all] we need new and improved estimates on the 31st, 1st, and 2nd to back up our previous estimates on the 28th, 29th, or 30th, that the WHOLE F-IN company knows were garbage to begin with. ARGH
I'm beginning to understand the whole concept of going postal. I'm not there yet [relax], but i know my Blood pressure meds will be upped, to start.
PS - If by some chance I die at work, and you check your calendar and its a BD2 or BD3, yeah make sure someone sues the pants off my employer ok, because they will have put me in the grave.
PPS - Which leads me to my last thought... Why am i feeling the pressure?! I'm not the one who will get fired. I'm a peon. A cog in the stupid production of TDY-9 forms. [God, I hope you all get that reference]. But, yet, silly little nice guy me, I'm the one foolish enough to feel the pressure. And that's really pissing me off right now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home