GAH!
Ok, so I'd really like to take back SOME of my last post.
Cause in the five or so hours since that post I've learned the following...
#1 - a frat brother, who I also consider a good friend resigned her office over the weekend. GAH! I'm probably one of about 100 people who would willingly drop everything to help her with whatever she needed, but, I havent been asked. Its like knowing I can make that kick coach, but not being asked to play the game...which is sad...for me. All my thoughts, hopes, and prayers to you dear.
#2 - A girl I knew from grade school died on Friday. I hadnt run into her or spoken directly to her in years, but damnit, people my age aren't supposed to be just dying, at home, with a young son.
My dad just happened to catch the obit in the local county newspaper [the paper is one i often belittle because its written at like a second grader reading level, which I think is a social atrocity, and that I usually rant about its stupid existence but i digress].
So now I'm stuck thanking Dad for A) reading the obits and catching that, B) reading that stupid child level newspaper because too many in this county are at or below its reading level, and C) passing it on to me so I can attend the funeral/viewing tomorrow morning.
My football teams follies are just so not important anymore.
#3 - the Wings Schedule also came out in the last few hours. There was some muted rejoicing! More on that tomorrow.
K & G - all my thoughts and prayers are with you two and your families.
~cyas
Finn
Cause in the five or so hours since that post I've learned the following...
#1 - a frat brother, who I also consider a good friend resigned her office over the weekend. GAH! I'm probably one of about 100 people who would willingly drop everything to help her with whatever she needed, but, I havent been asked. Its like knowing I can make that kick coach, but not being asked to play the game...which is sad...for me. All my thoughts, hopes, and prayers to you dear.
#2 - A girl I knew from grade school died on Friday. I hadnt run into her or spoken directly to her in years, but damnit, people my age aren't supposed to be just dying, at home, with a young son.
My dad just happened to catch the obit in the local county newspaper [the paper is one i often belittle because its written at like a second grader reading level, which I think is a social atrocity, and that I usually rant about its stupid existence but i digress].
So now I'm stuck thanking Dad for A) reading the obits and catching that, B) reading that stupid child level newspaper because too many in this county are at or below its reading level, and C) passing it on to me so I can attend the funeral/viewing tomorrow morning.
My football teams follies are just so not important anymore.
#3 - the Wings Schedule also came out in the last few hours. There was some muted rejoicing! More on that tomorrow.
K & G - all my thoughts and prayers are with you two and your families.
~cyas
Finn


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home