Sunday, August 21, 2005

Family Weekend

Oy, back from the weekend jaunt up to Knoebel's Grove Family Fun park in Elysburg, Pa. Its a neat place about five minutes from Bloomsburg, PA.

First off the cost...free to park, free to get in. Can't beat that. Picnic tables? Yup, they have plenty, grab one for yourself. Bring your own cooler? Of course.
[Technically Alcohol not allowed, which isnt a bad thing, it was too hot to drink anyways, plus drinking and roller coasters dont mix]

Oh yeah, rides...plenty for the kiddies. My little nephew loves it. My parents loved that cause they didnt get fleeced for a $40 admission fee like at a Six Flags to watch their grandson [my nephew] get stoked on all these rides.

Oh yeah, most expensive ride? $2. For each of the two "Adult" roller coasters the park has.

Me? While I love roller coasters, its tough anymore for me to fit into roller coasters, so I went old school...I spent $10 at the arcade. I can still rack up 100K score on Ms. Pacman! Put my initials on one of the pinball games too :P
[That's right I rock]

Also, they've got the neatest stores scattered throughout the park, reminds me a little of the Wildwood Boardwalk or the Gatlinburg drag. Theres t-shirt shops, wood carving places, a Nascar/sports store, a Xmas trinkets store, oh and a whole store devoted to Carousels [made Mom happy].

Anyways, heres hoping you all had fun too this weekend with your family. If not, get busy! Don't wait.

~Finn

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did they have a guy who draws caricatures? I always try to get a caricature at any amusement park-thingy I go to. It's my favorite part :-) Well, that and the water rides. And the roller coasters. Yeah, I really need to get to an amusement park!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home