FLOOR SHOW!
Hi gang - so I went up to NYC on Sat to Alex's 29th B-day bash. Let me set the scene:
Dramatis Personae:
Me
Odie - travelled up with Finn
Ayana - ditto
Jeff S - allowed Finn's party to crash at his place in Hoboken [Thanks Jeff!]
Alex - The Birthday Girl
Jonah & Lauren - B-day party attendees
Patrick H - Another PSP-NC [for those that dont know] attendee
Gaggle of like 15 other of Alex's friends, co-workers, etc.
Surprise Appearance - Andrew Berman!
Place: A dinner/theater/club called SOBs.
Get your mind out of the gutter,it stands for Sounds of Brazil. And holy cow what a blast! They have this huge stage for like 10 musicians: drum kit, keyboards, other assorted brazilian oddities that make music, an accordian, an oh yes, FIVE bongo drum kits!
So as the band performs during dinner [get it, dinner show] they bring out these tribal dancer folks who perform/sway/sashay to the music, then drag folks up with them for some routines, or perform high style acrobatics during other numbers.
I felt like I was in Vegas at am over the top show, minus the topless showgirls with feather plumage. The music rocked, granted it killed conversation during dinner, but oh well, eat drink & enjoy! Its what we were there for!
Alex enjoyed it immensely, we actually settled a 23 person dinner tab without anyone being whacked dollarwise, which I was impressed at. NY drink prices though, sheesh, they've got to get real. $10.50 for a 7&7. Nuts
anyways, hope you all had a good weekend too
~Cyas
Dramatis Personae:
Me
Odie - travelled up with Finn
Ayana - ditto
Jeff S - allowed Finn's party to crash at his place in Hoboken [Thanks Jeff!]
Alex - The Birthday Girl
Jonah & Lauren - B-day party attendees
Patrick H - Another PSP-NC [for those that dont know] attendee
Gaggle of like 15 other of Alex's friends, co-workers, etc.
Surprise Appearance - Andrew Berman!
Place: A dinner/theater/club called SOBs.
Get your mind out of the gutter,it stands for Sounds of Brazil. And holy cow what a blast! They have this huge stage for like 10 musicians: drum kit, keyboards, other assorted brazilian oddities that make music, an accordian, an oh yes, FIVE bongo drum kits!
So as the band performs during dinner [get it, dinner show] they bring out these tribal dancer folks who perform/sway/sashay to the music, then drag folks up with them for some routines, or perform high style acrobatics during other numbers.
I felt like I was in Vegas at am over the top show, minus the topless showgirls with feather plumage. The music rocked, granted it killed conversation during dinner, but oh well, eat drink & enjoy! Its what we were there for!
Alex enjoyed it immensely, we actually settled a 23 person dinner tab without anyone being whacked dollarwise, which I was impressed at. NY drink prices though, sheesh, they've got to get real. $10.50 for a 7&7. Nuts
anyways, hope you all had a good weekend too
~Cyas


2 Comments:
At 8:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
that's highway robbery for a 7&7... i don't pay that much for one here... 'course they aren't that big here either, so maybe it works out by volume. we should experiment!
At 7:48 AM,
Anonymous said…
And here I was outraged when I paid $5.75 for a Captain & 7 the other night. When the drinks get up to $10.75, I think it's time to go back to the old collge days of "pre-loading". :P
Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home