Saturday, June 24, 2006

Road Warrior Story # 3 - Juneau, Alaska!

Fun fact #1 about Juneau, Alaska - Yes, its the capital city of Alaska, but did you know you can't drive to it?! Seriously, the mountains around it are too steep, no one has ever built a road leading to it.

To get there you either boat in, or fly in. And flyin in aint fun from what I've heard, winds off the glaciers make the pilots [even big jets] hate the place.

So, you get there [like i did] by boat, and I take a whale watching tour and the bus driver tells you that Juneau has 45 miles of roads, they just dont lead...ANYWHERE!

So I ask the guy, well you must have a low crime rate? And he's like what do you mean, so i go, well honestly, if you wanted to steal a car... WHERE WOULD YOU TAKE IT! You can't leave town! That kinda surprised him, hehe. But, I enjoyed the whale watching tour immensely, see...



AND...



I saw lots of eagles too, but they weren't accomodating enough to get close to my camera, so oh well, reason for me to go back again!

Til next tale... YUKON HO!
~F

1 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alaska is so pretty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home