Monday, January 23, 2006

California Whirlwind

You may have heard that Northern California experienced some freakish winds this weekend [no seriously, look it up], well, Ayana & I were the cause. Because in oh about 48 hours we...

...arrived in Oakland
...met up with and crashed with Adrianne's [Many thanks to Mom & Dad Steichen too!]
...but first, we went to a late dinner [yum!]
...then we woke up and went to Napa to get Ayana lots of wine [18 bottles, was it?]
...then we drove to Muir Woods to see the redwoods, very cool
...then we drove to San Jose to see the Wings beat the Stealth! YAY!
...we got front row seats for the game, Row 1, RIGHT next to the Wings Penalty Box, VERY GOOD view!
...then we went to the Mission District in SF for a drink [or two, or maybe three]
...then we slept :P
...then we had brunch
...then we went to see Underworld: Revolution - Review: Not bad, thought it would be worse, decent action flick
...then we watched the Seahawks cruise
...while Adrianne kicked my ass at pool [don't play against her, she's a shark! :P]
...then we met all the DeltaOmega kids for dinner! YAY!
...sigh, then we slept a short while and then took a long day of flying to get home
so I could get this update to you, my faithful reader[s].

Hope all is well, I hear my pillow calling....Bye

2 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My parents said you got up at 3:30am. Ouch. Obviously you made your flight okay. Oh, and we went to a much scarier neighborhood than the Mission for that drink (or three)... It was Robert Burns night at the Edinburgh (in the Tenderloin): "The squalid conditions, homelessness, crime, prostitution, liquor stores (over 60), and strip clubs make the Tenderloin more than undesirable for tourists, families, and many typical San Francisco residents. However, these conditions have also served to make rents more reasonably affordable in a city known as among the priciest in the country." See the wikipedia entry...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenderloin%2C_San_Francisco%2C_California

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot to say also that Jay and I apparently need to play pool... I'm not a shark, but I certainly have better days than others. You just happened to catch me on a decently good day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home