Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wow...long time

Hey gang - quick little post - Dad still in hospital - NEW RULE [Borrowing from my favorite show - Real Time with Bill Maher]

New Rule - DONT listen to ANY optimistic a--holes about surgical recovery times.

Anytime I get end up providing someone* with a Dad update, I inevitably hear one of these.... "oh well my uncle's cousin rabbi had that done and he was out of the hospital and doing backflips in five days".

* - VIP Caveat to this. The someone's I mention are somehow NOT family or friends. Know what I mean? None of my frat brothers have done the above to me. None of my extended cousins or aunts & uncles have done this to me. But if I run into say John Doe at the Wawa [true story] one of the folks [acquaintance level] from church, and he asks for the "Dad" update, I give it to him, and he [or she] proceeds to go on this long soliloquy [sp?] about ALL the other people he's heard of that had the procedure were fine in the end and did backflips in five days. ARGH!!!!!

My dad IS NOT your uncle's cousin rabbi. And he most certainly is NOT doing backflips at home!! Which is where we want him to be, just sitting in a chair will suffice :)

Will write more often when I can, esp. once HE is home.

Cyas
~F

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home