Wednesday, October 04, 2006

High School & the workplace...

Why is it that the end of a relationship [yes tragic] immediately demands like ten co-workers' attention?! The girl that sits in front of me broke up with her long time beau over the past weekend. Well you think another 9/11 had happened!

I'm not female bashing either - two of the guys came over to at least dropped by to offer input/advice/solace/etc. But, sheesh, this aint a High School Cafeteria!!!

As for me, I tried to
a) ignore it all - after all... I'm TRYING TO F#$%ING work.
b) plus, I'm trying to take the "high road" of I dont want to say disinterest, but its also none of my business. But because one of my co-workers saw she was upset about something, and after five minutes of [quite frankly] prying, got it out of her, well that rounded up all the hens in the office to commiserate.

I like my work group a lot. Its mostly female, but then it always has been. But its days like Monday & Tuesday that are the most annoying. Plus, gasp, she [the breakup girl] was out of the office today...can you say mental health day?

Again, I'd have NO trouble with that either! we get sick days, might as well use em, but my co-workers were all like "should we call her at home"?

It took every ounce of self-control not to interject a Vehement NO!!!

*sigh*

I thought I got out of the High School Cafeteria ages ago.

~F

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home